- 600,000+ stores being used on its platform
- Over 1,000,000 active users
- Generates over £60+ billion in sales
These statistics are just what we’re being told but you can almost guarantee they are there, or thereabouts. Shopify is certainly one of the more established platforms out there on the web.
Without further ado, let’s check out the features and pricing. You can take a look right here at what Shopify offers as its pricing and feature sets. As you can see Shopify is built upon a Software of a Service Model (SaaS);
- Shopify Lite – $9 Per Month
- Basic Shopify – $29 per Month
- Shopify – $79 per Month
- Advanced Shopify – $299 per Month
There is also a fifth option for those sites that deal with extremely high volumes, those sites that are large businesses such as Red Bull or Procter and Gamble might consider Shopify Plus. – Rates do differ with Shopify Plus however you will pay in the regions of $2000 per month for a Shopify plus account.
What are the key differences between the different Shopify Plans?
- Reporting - Detailed reporting is only available on the $79 ‘Shopify’ plan. You do get reporting in basic but it does not go into too much detail.
- Staff Accounts - Starting with the ‘Basic Shopify’ plan you get two staff accounts, when moving to the ‘Shopify’ plan you’ll be given 5 staff accounts and then finally moving up to the ‘Advanced’ plan you’ll be given 15 staff accounts.
- Advanced Report Builder - This tool allows you to create custom reporting, this feature is only available on the higher plans ‘Advanced and ‘Shopify Plus’
- Gift Cards - The gift cards are only available on the ‘Shopify’ plan and up starting at $79 per month
- Point of Sale - POS will not be available to you unless you are on a higher Shopify plan. Those higher plans are ‘Advanced’ and ‘Plus’
- Real-time carrier shipping - Need real-time carrier shipping to make sure all deliveries are on point. It’ll cost you the price of an ‘Advanced’ plan
It’s good to note that Shopify offers a 10% discount on all annual plans and offers 20% on biennial plans when they are paid upfront.
What are Shopify’s core features? - There are tonnes of great Shopify features that we could mention, here are some of my favourites and ones that are worth mentioning
- Ability to sell Digital and Physical Products
- Simple Content and Product Management
- Built-in Abandoned Cart Functionality
- Export and Import Customer Data
- Shopify payments come with its payment gateway setup that offers Paypal, Google Pay and Apple Pay out of the box!
- The ability to print labels for product shipping
- Built-in discount code option
- Built-in blog
- Can’t build websites? Shopify offers free themes!
- Open API to build great apps!
- Free SSL and Advanced Security
See some of our recent projects here: Add link to our work page
Interested in starting a new project with us? We are one of the very few companies that work so deeply with Shopify Development in the UK.